Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
SERVPRO of River Oaks is proudly GREEN!
Call SERVPRO of River Oaks TODAY!
Did you know that we are green? Not just our colors either! We are proud to offer special green products that are environmentally friendly, like our SERVPROXIDE! It’s one of our favorite products here at SERVPRO, and we want to tell you why!
It’s a disinfectant that’s got some serious powers. It can kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and mold leaving your home our business clean and sanitized. Because it’s such a good product, it helps us get you back into your home or business faster.
It’s EPA registered! I’m sure the question of “If it’s such a great product and can kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and mold how safe is it?” Well, SERVPROXIDE carries the lowest rating the EPA offers, making it completely safe for everyday use, and it’s safe for the environment, meaning that it’s 100% biodegradable.
It’s a no brainer as to why we use it, and using it makes us easily one of the best cleaning and restoration companies out there.
Blood Spills On Carpeted Floors
Call SERVPRO of River Oaks today! 713-666-9222
Blood Spills on Carpeted Floors
- Steam Clean: Depending on the nature and size of the spill, it is advisable to perform a steam clean of the carpet. Steam cleaners will clean, remove debris, and sanitize carpeting more completely than conventional washing. Although there is some additional cost to steam cleaning, it is the best way to protect against bloodborne pathogens.
- Change Carpet Tiles: Removable carpet tiles are a great way to protect against exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Carpet tiles are often less expensive than traditional carpet, and if a certain area becomes heavily soiled with blood they can easily be removed and replaced. If your organization is equipped with carpet tiles be sure to dispose of them properly after being saturated with blood or any other potentially infectious bodily fluid
We Are Cleaning EXPERTS!
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of River Oaks at (713)-666-9222
Water Backups? No Problem!
Give us a call! (713)-666-9222
What to do after a water backup occurs in your home
If you compare the frustrations of a flooded basement with those of a backed-up sewer, the sewer would probably win—by a nose!
Backups can occur for various reasons: pipe blockages, damaged sewer lines (especially in old homes), tree roots breaking into pipes…the list goes on.
Dealing with a backed-up sewer is not a pleasant task, given the stench and the matter that is potentially hazardous to your health. Sewage is comprised of both organic and inorganic matter, a mixture of water, human waste, mineral salts and garbage that can leak into the home when there is a problem with the underground plumbing designated to carry wastewater away.
SERVPRO of River Oaks is here to help with all your restoration needs! Give us a call at 713-666-9222!
SERVPRO Tips To Prevent Backups!
Call SERVPRO of River Oaks for your Water Damaged needs! (713)-666-9222
How to prevent backups in your sewer lateral and in the city main
- Properly dispose of grease. Cooking oil should be poured into a heat-resistant container and disposed of properly after it cools off, not in the drain. Washing grease down the drain with hot water is unsatisfactory. As the grease cools off, it will solidify either in the drain, the property owner's line, or in the main sewer causing the line to constrict and eventually clog.
- Properly dispose of paper products.Paper towels, disposable (and cloth) diapers, hygienic wipes and feminine products do not deteriorate quickly and can cause a great deal of trouble in the property owner's lateral as well as in the city main.
- Periodically cut tree roots.If you have continuing problems with tree roots in your lateral, you may have to regularly have the roots cut by a professional.
SERVPRO Of River Oaks Is Here To Help
Nobody is prepared for a water damage in your home or business. Fortunately, SERVPRO of River Oaks is prepared and here 24/7 365. We’re faster to any size disaster, we can provide an immediate emergency response to help prevent secondary damage and mold. We’re highly trained water damage specialists with advanced training and expertise, not to mention the tremendous amount of hands on experience. We use advanced drying equipment and techniques. Our technicians extract standing water then dry out your property quickly and efficiently. We then finish our job with professional-grade cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing products for your comfort and safety. SERVPRO of River Oaks specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of River Oaks is always ready to serve you in all of your restoration needs
Did your office suffer a water damage?
Example of Drying equipment used to help dry out affected materials on a water loss
When faced with water or fire damage in your place of business, we understand that the safety of your clients and employees are a top priority. There are risks that arise from a water or fire event that if improperly cleaned or remediated could result in significant further damage. For example, after a water event there could be the hazard potential for slips or falls and if the water remains standing for long periods it could develop smells, begin to grow mold, and can deteriorate any flooring into an unsalvageable state.
Fire events have their own risks including ‘fire soot’ that contains chemicals like formaldehyde (used in embalming). Fire Soot is extremely acidic and if these soot chemicals remain on your business’ walls, ceilings, air ducts, furniture, and vents of your structure they can begin to permanently affect them. Here at SERVPRO® of River Oaks we work hard for you to restore your structure to its preloss state. We are available to help you bypass any restoration project planning and reduce the overall cost that is required to restore your building back to its preloss state. A timely response can also decrease the exposure duration to unhealthy conditions that could cause sickness to anyone who enters the premise. Make sure to call SERVPRO® of River Oaks at (713) 666-9222 if your business is affected by a fire or water damage.
Why is SERVPRO of River Oaks a Trusted Insurance Professional?
Example of how we use an infra-red camera to assist with discovering hidden water damage in walls and ceilings.
Why SERVPRO® of River Oaks?
As an agent, adjuster, or any kind of insurance professional, you have a number of responsibilities. Of these responsibilities are recommending reputable service companies to your clients as well as keeping claims costs down for your company. SERVPRO® of River Oaks is a highly qualified and trustworthy company that fill many needs to your clients when they find themselves in the middle of a fire or water loss.
Arriving at a loss in a timely manner reduces damage and therefore reduces the cost of restoring damaged property. An immediate response is vital to limiting damage, and SERVPRO® of River Oaks strives to arrive on the scene as quickly as possible. This falls in line with taking care of both the home or business owner in conjunction with limiting costs for the insurance provider.
Replacing property is far more costly than restoring property. Pretesting is a necessary step in the restoration process to determine the level of damage and dictate the necessary actions to begin restoration. A lack of pretesting could cause the quality or scope of the work to diminish which leads to unhappy clients. Your SERVPRO® of River Oaks professionals will always pretest the site in order to determine the extent of damage and the proper course of action to restore the property.
Proper training is ideal for providing your clients the best service possible. Your SERVPRO® of River Oaks franchise professionals are trained to industry standards in Fire and Water cleanup and restoration. Additionally, SERVPRO® of River Oaks hosts continuing education classes available periodically to insurance professionals as well as our franchise professionals.
Timing, pretesting, and training are just a few of the reasons that insurance professionals and companies can trust SERVPRO® of River Oaks to take the best care of their clients while limiting costs by restoring in place of replacing property.
Why you should choose SERVPRO
Call SERVPRO of River Oaks at 713-666-9222
While any disaster is tough to cope with, large loss incidents present a unique set of challenges. The breadth of damage is larger, and the resources required for repair are equally inflated. It’s key that you get the right team to handle your catastrophic loss or things could get worse. Know what to look for in a large loss team – follow these tips.
What is a Large Loss Event
Generally speaking, a large loss event is one that stretches beyond one or two properties, to encompass an entire neighborhood, region or even larger area. Examples can include;
- hurricanes/storm damage
- widespread flooding
- terrorist events
These events require a higher magnitude of the response due to size and resources needed.
Look for Experience
While any local cleanup company can claim they know large response, only a few truly have the experience. Ask a prospective cleanup partner for specific examples and strategies used in a wide breadth of disasters. This can help you determine if they can handle your catastrophic loss.
Look for a Big Team
A big loss requires a big response, and that won’t come from a ragtag team. Make sure your prospective partner has a good-sized staff trained to properly respond, manage the project, and restore the affected structure or structures.
Look for Speed
Flooding can cause major damage to your property in just 24 hours or less, so it’s critical that a disaster response team assess the damage and formulate a plan quickly. Make sure to choose a cleanup partner able to arrive within an hour of your phone call.
The way you handle a large catastrophic loss can have implications for years to come. Make sure you do things the right way. Use the above tips to find the right cleanup partner and you won’t regret making the wrong decision.
With over 1,800 franchises in the U.S. and Canada, SERVPRO® truly does stretch from sea to shining sea. Out of those franchises, over 400 are large loss response teams – these teams are able to handle $100,000 or more in damage, so you can rest assured that your building is in good hands. Our Large Loss Response teams have extra equipment, staff members, and training that allow them to mobilize all over the United States whenever disaster strikes. These team work together during hurricanes, tornadoes, polar vortexes, floods, and much more to ensure that everything looks “Like it never even happened.”
Additionally, there are more than 10 Extreme Response Teams within SERVPRO® who are ready to head out at a moment’s notice. These teams are often made up of multiple Large Loss Response Teams, and they are the highest tier of disaster response at SERVPRO®. These elite teams can handle losses of $500,000 or more and are strategically placed around America so that they can act quickly when they are called into action.
With so many SERVPRO® franchises, Large Loss Response Teams, and Extreme Response Teams around America, it is easy to see why we are a leader in the restoration industry. No matter where you are in the U.S., we will be there in a flash to help get your life back to normal. Simply give our office a call at 713-666-9222, and a team will be dispatched to your location! For more information on the services we offer, email SERVPRO5673@SERVPROofriveroaks.com.
Numerous Services Offered
SERVPRO® of River Oaks offers a wide range of services to cover all of your needs when it comes to restoration. Check out the list below to see some of the problems we can take care of!
- Water Damage: When it comes to water damage, a quick response it critical to preventing further damage. Our experts use state-of-the-art equipment to ensure that your property has been completely dried to IICRC standards.
- Fire Damage: After a fire occurs in your home or office, you will have to deal with smoke and soot damage as well as water damage. Our technicians can handle even the largest fire loss so that you can have peace of mind during this stressful time.
- Mold Remediation: Nobody wants mold inside their house, and for those with allergies, microbial growth can cause serious problems if it is left unchecked. Our team of professionals is specially trained and certified to get rid of mold and make sure it doesn’t come back.
- Biohazard Clean Up: Biohazardous substances such as blood or bile can be extremely dangerous and should always be disposed of properly. We can safely treat any affected areas and dispose of contaminated materials according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local standards.
- Deodorization: From sewage, to mold, to pet stains, nobody likes living or working in a stinky area. We can locate the source of the odor and eliminate it rather than just cover it up.
- Contents Claim & Document Drying: We offer pack out and storage services to keep your belongings safe until reconstruction has been completed. We are also able to restore paper documents through the deposition process.
- Catastrophic Events: Our elite Large Loss Division can handle any size jobs. These teams are strategically located around the U.S. so that we can be on site as quickly as possible after a hurricane, tornado, or other catastrophic event.
Smoke alarm installed by SERVPRO Saves Family of Five
On December 6th in Richmond, TX a family of five was awoken by the sounds of smoke alarms going off in their house. This was a result of a space heater left plugged in overnight. The smoke alarms that woke the family, saving their lives, were installed by the American Red Cross with the help of SERVPRO of West Fort Bend County & SERVPRO of River Oaks for the April, 2017 "Sound The Alarm" event. This event is a annual service held across the country to help save lives and educate families. We do this by going into communities, installing smoke alarms and educating people about fire safety.
If you are interested in volunteering in the 2019 Sound the Alarm on May 14th, please contact the American Red Cross at (281) 342- 9480