What To Do After A Fire
Fire Damage in a home can be a stressful event for a homeowner. Damage to your personal belongings and home are just some of the issues you may experience. Timely response and a thorough mitigation can get rid of all these concerns.
Here are some tips for what you as a homeowner can do to help before SERVPRO arrives.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot from tracking throughout the house and causing additional damage
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery
- Coat chrome faucets, trim, and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery
- Clean any electrical equipment
- Send clothing to dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor
Before you risk doing any damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call the fire damage clean up and professionals at SERVPRO of River Oaks 713 666-9222.