Smoke alarm installed by SERVPRO Saves Family of Five
On December 6th in Richmond, TX a family of five was awoken by the sounds of smoke alarms going off in their house. This was a result of a space heater left plugged in overnight. The smoke alarms that woke the family, saving their lives, were installed by the American Red Cross with the help of SERVPRO of West Fort Bend County & SERVPRO of River Oaks for the April, 2017 "Sound The Alarm" event. This event is a annual service held across the country to help save lives and educate families. We do this by going into communities, installing smoke alarms and educating people about fire safety.